Philosophy of Youth Ministry
on Friday, June 02, 2006
I'm currently in the process of applying for a position as Youth Pastor. As such I decided I should write down my philosophy of ministry. Here's what I came up with off the top of my head. What do you think?
Youth Ministry is the dispensation of time, energy, and funds not available to parents to aid them in the discipleship of their young adult.
Discipleship is the reproductive relay of spiritual growth from one member of the body of Christ to another (2 Tim. 2:1-2).
Spiritual growth/maturity consists in an increase in the clarity/degree of their reflection of God’s glory. God’s glory is reflected in:
-The human being’s innate but marred imprint of God’s image.
-The human being’s actions which (by common grace) are consistent with God’s nature.
-The believer’s union with Christ, the Image of God.
-The believer’s knowledge of God’s nature.
-The believer’s enjoyment of God’s nature.
-The believer’s actions which (by grace) are consistent with God’s nature.
The Youth Pastor aids in spiritual growth by:
-Displaying God’s nature in his/her actions.
-Displaying God’s nature in his/her teaching of God’s word.
-Displaying a heart-felt enjoyment of the nature of God.
-Accountability toward actions that reflect God’s character.
-Accountability toward study of God’s nature.
The Youth Pastor employs the following means to do the above:
-Personal time of devotion
-Personal discipleship (Being discipled)
-Rapport
-Personal testimony
-Personal counseling
-Corporate teaching
-Corporate worship (music, Lord’s Supper, giving, etc.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment