I Love...


...shopping for books.

In case you hadn't noticed I've begun to file my posts under three categories. I decided I should make this post fit one of those categories. I'm stocking the bookshelf in our camp bookstore and want some community input. Here's what I currently have on the shelves:
Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers (4 vols.) by Joey Allen
-The Gospel
-The Trinity
-The Mission
-The Scriptures
(This is quite the commentary on our little corner of Christianity: The Gospel and The Scriptures keep running out...The Trinity and The Mission are just not as popular)
Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham
Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris
I Am Not but I Know I AM by Louie Giglio (I'm discontinuing this one...disappointed)
Desiring God by John Piper
Life as Vapor by John Piper
Finally Alive by John Piper
The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn
Day by Day with the Church Fathers by Christopher Hudson
Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
Death by Love by Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breshears
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson

Then we have the books I've already decided to add this year:
Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung
Why We Love the Church by Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck
Dug Deep Down by Joshua Harris (This is our TAG Team book for the summer)
The Prodigal God by Tim Keller
Knowing God by JI Packer (This is in the #1 spot right now for the Summer staff study)

Comments? Suggestions?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed 'Just Do Something', perfect for high school and college students. 'Dug Down Deep' is on my list to read and review for the publisher.

I also read and enjoyed:
Mark Driscol's 'Religion Saves'
Tim Keller's 'Reason for God'

For kids 'The Jesus Storybook Bible' is a good choice.

I'll try and think of a few more...

Luke Sammons said...

The Pursuit Of Holiness - Jerry Bridges
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - Bruce Ware
Let The Nations Be Glad - John Piper
The Cross Of Christ - John Stott
Suprised By Joy - C.S. Lewis

Oh, and Olsteen's Your Best Life Now.